Monday, September 14, 2015

My Twins Frankenset: Page 11

I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 11:
 and the backs:

91 - Torii Hunter 2005 Donruss Elite
92 - Dave Winfield 1994 Fleer Ultra
93 - Chuck Knoblauch 1991 Score Traded
94 - Matt Lawton 1999 Topps
95 - Kent Hrbek 1991 Donruss
96 - Brad Radke 2000 Fleer Metal
97 - Gary Gaetti 1990 Leaf
98 - Kirby Puckett 1992 Leaf Black Gold
99 - Corey Koskie 2000 Upper Deck Gold Reserve

I love Goooooooooooooooooooooold.

Lots of weird-o metallic cards on this page. I wanted to include a few guys from the Twins' dark ages every now and then, so Matt Lawton makes an appearance this time around. Good old Dave is back after finding his rookie card on Saturday. He's just coming off 3,000 hits on the Fleer Ultra card. I think my favorite is Brad Radke, because no one is more Metal than Brad Radke.

No comments:

Post a Comment