Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Envelope, PWEase


The benefit of sending out a ton of cards on Fridays, is that it stimulates the trading economy. When sending some free stuff claims to The Collector Chris, I tossed in a few extra Jersey Devils and BoSox. Chris responded with a very nice envelope of cards. Castino's scan went a little haywire, the actual card features straight lines all along the border.


A couple shiny Minnesota legends..


Can you name this stadium? Hint, Home Plate is now a combination Orange Julius / Dairy Queen*


That's Right! Metropolitan Stadium, aka The Met, where the Twins played their home games for the first 20 seasons.
(* just kidding, it's actually next to the soft pretzel kiosk)

New Blog Alert! Jeff of Wax Pack Wonders emailed me about making a small trade - he had some cards from my want lists. I was happy to send over some Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, 1981 and 1985 Topps needs back his way.


Here is a sampling - he may be new to blogging, but Jeff is obviously no stranger to getting the most out of an envelope! Pete Falcone is a meta card collecting masterpiece.


He also surprised me with this awesome oddball Kirby Puckett! Finding new to me Kirbys can be tough, so I salute to effort!



Ooh, check out that print run! This card is from 1992, and shows his 1991 regular season stats on the back.

Thanks Chris and Thanks Jeff!

7 comments:

  1. Love that Met Stadium postcard. Was fun to do a small trade. Will hit you up again some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the cards I sent arrived safely. Jeff's PWE had some really neat stuff-the Puckett, Davis, and Falcone in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. Never seen that American Sports set before - unlicensed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a magazine insert, I would be surprised if they got permission to use logos.

      Delete
  4. Ah the '82 Fleer Falcone, one of the elusive Cardboard Inception cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to back john castino posts! Can you make it 3 in a row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. I probably should have given away some Castino cards for FSF, I am sure I have some duplicates!

      Delete