Monday, October 26, 2015

My Twins Frankenset: Page 17

I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. T.J., The Junior Junkie, just started showing his Griffey Frankenset. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 17:
 and the backs:

145 - Kirby Puckett 1991 Topps Stadium Club Skydome Set
146 - Al Newman 1992 Topps
147 - Joe Nathan 2007 Fleer
148 - Jacque Jones 2004 Bazooka Mini
149 - Justin Morneau 2007 Upper Deck
150 - Harmon Killebrew 1970 Topps
151 - David Ortiz 1999 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition
152 - Rod Carew 2015 Gypsy Queen
153 - Kurt Suzuki 2014 Topps Update

Hands down, it's the Harmon Killebrew card. That's one of my favorite baseball cards of all time. Fresh off his MVP season of 1969. This page is pretty strong, though. Jacque Jones in batting practice at the Dome, some nice horizontal heroes, and that adorable kid at the All-Star game. That was a really great moment for Kurt, I bet. I wonder if he knows that card exists, he might want a copy for a family photo album (if such a thing exists any more)! Morneau is fresh off his MVP season in his card as well. Justin did not make the All-Star team that year, I wonder how often the league MVP was not selected to be an All-Star?

No comments:

Post a Comment