Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wallet Card 2022


 It's a New Year, which I love because it is a highly subjective and completely arbitrary unit of time. That means that it's time for another new wallet card!  Here's my 2021 Wallet Card, a 1987 Topps Barry Jones. He looked like he'd seen some things... but he didn't see 2021 coming, did he? Here's all my past wallet cards (I switch them out once a year)- 


2023 is going to fill the first page to signify how long I've been back in the hobby. Exciting! Can you guess what card I will use next year? I've actually already picked my 2023 Wallet card, but before we get ahead of ourselves, let's take a look at Wallet Card 2022:




We're back on a 1980s Donruss kick, and our future's so dangerous, we gotta wear goggles! Chris Sabo was a favorite of mine - the Reds were my National League team growing up as my dad's side of the family is from Ohio. I've probably owned dozens of copies of this card over the years, but I found a nice clean one to stuff in my wallet for another trip around the sun.

Do you have a wallet card? Do you keep the same one or switch them out every now and then?


8 comments:

  1. No wallet card for me. Nice to see that Mauer didn't get to much action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a wallet card, but probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve still got my 74 Garvey in my wallet. It’s pretty ragged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice with the DK!
    I've got my new wallet card post in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a 1986 Topps Tony Gwynn in my wallet. It needs to be swapped out soon... but I think I've been saying that for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I changed my wallet recently, and never added a new wallet card. I should rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate your dedication to wallet card. I'm still rocking my same one from whenever it started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still on my same wallet card after all these years. Your pandemic-year wallet cards are notably less ragged than those of previous years.

    ReplyDelete