Monday, December 26, 2016

Santa Claus, You're All Right.

Santa Claus sent me some awesome cards! Matthew of Bob Walk the Plank set up a Secret Santa program this year, and it looks like it's been a resounding success. I am pretty sure I know the Secret Santa, but I won't spoil it for the rest of you.
Things start out with some Twins- I'd been trying to get that Nunez since it came out (no really) at card shows and shops, but locally the selection has been pretty slim.
Santa knew just what I was wishing for -these three were all on my list!
Two more needed 56s and I was already wishing I left out a bigger plate of cookies.
I had to share the backs of both of these guys, some of the best Comic strips in the set.
AHA! An Arbitrary Eight guy. I think I will keep Dean Chance in his protective case - it's by far the nicest Kellogg's card I've ever seen in person, part of me thinks that if I jailbreak it, it will immediately curl itself up into a tube shape, cracking like a bowl of Rice Krispies all the way - so this one's gonna stay right there.

THANK YOU SANTA!

4 comments:

  1. The photo of Haddix running through first base is stellar!
    Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back atcha.

      Can't beat a hand painted pitcher on the base paths!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas. Glad everything made it safely. I would keep the Chance encased. The Kellogs cards look nice slabbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

      Delete