Thursday, December 8, 2016

Cards from a Greater Dime-nsion

A fantastic PWE arrived in my mailbox from Nick of the Dimebox Blog. I don't usually pay much attention to stamps, but Teddy Ballgame warrants a second look!
Nick hit my sweet tooth with this Hostess Tony Oliva - I will feature this card again for another post I am working on...
Some more excellent food issues, this time from Post.
Torii two Is with a couple more oddly shaped cards... the one on the right features a patch for Kirby Puckett on Torii's sleeve.
There were standard size offerings as well. I am excited to see what Berrios will do his second time in the big leagues.
Robbie Grossman didn't make any end of year lists, but he was perfectly suited as the Twins' 4th outfielder. His .386 on base percentage was in the top 20 in the majors, consistently giving the team quality at bats at the bottom of the order. 

Thanks again, Nick! 

6 comments:

  1. Love that "Ticket Stud" - very cool idea for a set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game listed was opening day 2003- don't know if the picture is from that game or not. He went 0-4 with a strikeout, so probably not selected for any highlight of his...

      Delete
  2. I thought that Torii Hunter card was a real ticket at first. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from a Fleer set called Authentix. Not sure how many years they made it- the big tickets are inserts.

      Delete
  3. It looks like Torri is holding a pen on first glance with that ticket card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice that at all before - it's the pen he used to sign with the Angels as a free agent... or maybe his sunglasses, not sure.

      Delete