Monday, July 20, 2015

My Twins FrankenSet - Page 3

I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - John has a Braves set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 3:
 And the backs:
19 - Kent Hrbek 1983 Donruss
20 - Kirby Puckett 1992 Pinnacle
21 - Johan Santana 2008 Upper Deck (First Edition) Starquest
22 - Jim Kaat 1963 Fleer
23 - Chuck Knoblauch 1992 Topps
24 - Joe Mauer 2013 Topps Turkey Red
25 - Cesar Tovar 1970 Topps
26 - Bert Blyleven 1971 Topps
27 - Brian Harper 1993 Leaf Studio

Had to get a Diamond King in there at some point, and a Rookie Cup! Was happy to find some good vintage to add to the FrankenSet for this page. That's Blyleven's Rookie Card.


12 comments:

  1. '93 Leaf Studio is such an underrated release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my favorites - the card design had to be good for Harper to make the cut over guys like Oliva, Carew, Killebrew, etc that could have been used in the #27 slot.

      Delete
  2. I've got a Cubs Frankenset based on the player's visible uniform number. Tomorrow's post will show the entire set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I've been reading and following along - I've enjoyed it very much!

      Delete
  3. Got two of 'em, one I just posted about last night:

    1. Frankenset of night cards.
    2. Frankenset of Allen & Ginter minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Night Card page was great. I'll be keeping an eye out for suitable #4 night cards to bump off Yadier...

      Delete
  4. The 71 Blylevin definitely a cool card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any page with Johan and Hrbek is a GOOD page. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first 100 cards are Hrbek heavy, to be sure. . .

      Delete
  6. NOW YOU CAN WORK YOUR BAT RACK AND SHADES INTO THE MIX. GREAT JOB WITH THE VARIETY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I've been getting a lot of help filling in these pages from cards sent over by fellow bloggers!

      Delete