Thursday, July 30, 2015

2015 Allen & Ginter - A Box and a Blaster


 HEY! Are you planning on attending the national? We should hang out, check out some cards, maybe make a trade or two in person? Send me an e-mail so I know which day(s) you'll be there!



Was this a poor return, do you think? No Autos, nothing serial numbered, and here are the "hits":
 Two Marlins and a former Marlin . . .
Here is the hit from the blaster.

The A&G back minis:
Black bordered:
Insert minis:
and
These are short print minis....

So... yeah. Nothing really jumped out at me from the box. The Box Topper is a Kershaw card, a bigger version of the base card, no relic or auto on it.

Not sure if I got skunked or if that is typical for an A&G box.... Everything shown is available for trade, if you're interested, let me know!

12 comments:

  1. What's the collation like this year ? but yeah, seems like you got a middle of the road box, which shouldn't happen when you spend $100 on a box !
    And you know the cards I'm interested in !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a pretty typical box. You usually hope that one of your hits is a decent autograph or that you pull something extra like a Rip Card or one of the more rare mini variations, but for the most part you're going to pull a group of cards that looks pretty much like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have had the willpower to talk myself out of it, I'm not much of a A&G fan, but I felt like buying a box of something...

      Delete
  3. I usually stay away from Ginter, but from what I've seen your results are pretty typical. Probably the thing that hurt the most was that your relics weren't bigger names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in the insert minis for sure - shoot me an email!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do - I'm in Chicago all weekend, but I will but those together when I get back.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Brian, would you mind putting that Marlon Byrd mini aside for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been watching Nachos Grande open his case and when I compare your box to what I've seen from him I think yours is a little below average. Like BWTP said, if you had some bigger names for your hits that would have helped.

    With all of that being said, I'm pretty sure my A&G box that I have for Gint-a-Cuffs will be just like yours. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bit on the box after seeing some of the case break, I had visions of amazing cards floating in my head...

      Delete