Friday, March 29, 2019

Opening Day!


I meant to post this yesterday, but I got sidetracked before I had to leave for the game- Jose Berrios pitched a gem facing off against Corey Kluber and the Twins are undefeated!! I think they'll probably run the table this year and go 162 - 0. Eat your heart out, 1972 Dolphins!


On Saturday I went to my local Card Shop and picked up a box of Opening Day. Just $28, but the catch is that there are no guaranteed hits. Oh well!


I got yer "guaranteed hit" right here, buddy!


Kikuchi is the latest in a long line of players to come to the U.S. from Japan, and even though he's not getting nearly the hype of Ohtani, he is a very good pitcher and should make a good impression this year.


A handful of favorites from the box - Stadium Club worthy, in my opinion.


Hey! It's the first Willians Astudillo card in a retail Topps set! I would have gone back for another box if this card wasn't in the first one!



Astudillo broke camp with the MLB club, and should be on the roster at least until Miguel Sano recovers from his leg injury. During the spring, Astudillo had over 50 plate appearances and had just 1 walk- and zero strikeouts. Looking for to seeing him get some playing time soon in MN!

Happy Opening Day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol. I see it.

      P.S. Cool Gwynn statue card!

      Delete
  2. That Moncada is an early favorite of the 2019 card season for me.

    ReplyDelete