Monday, December 21, 2015

My Twins Frankenset Page 20


I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. T.J., The Junior Junkie, just started showing his Griffey Frankenset. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 20:

And the backs:


172 - Rick Aguilera 1991 Donruss
173 - Trevor Plouffe 2015 Topps Heritage
174 - Steve Lombardozzi 1988 Score
175 - Justin Morneau 2012 Topps Archives
176 - Denard Span 2010 Bowman Gold
177 - Harmon Killebrew 1964 Topps
178 - Joe Mauer 2010 Topps Opening Day
179 - LaTroy Hawkins 1996 Topps
180 - Bob Allison 1962 Topps

While I really like the horizontal shots of Span and Mauer, and even though Aguilera's beard is awesome, there's really no choice, gotta go with the Killer as my favorite of the bunch. Hawkins announced his retirement last week, he had a great career. He did some interviews with teammates on a short lived blog he created - http://latroyhawkins.sportsblog.com/ 
I'm partial to the one with Torii Hunter, but there's several good ones on there.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to see Latroy call it a day - I was kinda hoping he would try to outdo Jamie Moyer!

    ReplyDelete