Thursday, December 17, 2015

Generous Jeff!

Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum sent along another PWE this week - I have been slowly gathering forces to return everyone's generousity - I've got some trade stacks going, I just need to organize and package them - they will hopefully be out the door early next week, though probably not in time for that big birthday coming up,,,

Let's take a look at the cardboard!
 A Classic! I do love collecting two Sport Stars, and guys playing the "Wtong" sport on their card is the best... Steve Nash traces his roots to Canada, where there's no shortage of love for Hockey.

 Sometimes you just have to roll with the villains. Bonds is one of my favorite villains. I also defended Pete Rose today... NO NOT FOR THAT. For steamrolling Ray Fosse. He was kind of a jerk already, bu being a jerk is maybe what made him such a great player. Certainly won't win him many points in a man of the year contest.

 A couple of the Twins' young arms. Trevor may be stuck in the bullpen this season, where he was effective, but man, if he can start? Let him start instead of Nolasco or Milone.... Sheeesh! Tyler Jay was the shiny new draft pick for the Twins out of Illinois. He was reliever, but they are going to give him a chance to start. Less college innings on his arm is a good thing!

Hrbek, Blyleven, Brunansky, and . . . can you name the fourth Twin? First correct comment will win... Something! Which I will send... next week! To the Winner! Well, that went quickly! It's Athletics' Front Office Maestro Billy Beane! Congrats to Laurens for the correct answer.

11 comments:

  1. With that curl poking out from the cap, I'm going with Clark Kent.

    https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Christopher-reeve-superman-clark-kent.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Heck yeah it is! Shoot me an e-mail with your address and favorite team and I'll send something your way soon.

      Delete
  3. I was shocked when I saw that was Billy Beane. Those cards are such an odd size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are just a liiitle bit bigger than a standard card. That's the mark of a true oddball.

      Delete
  4. A) Agreed x100 on cards that show athletes playing different sports than were accustomed to seeing them play.

    B) Good to see a local guy from a local school showing up in a nationally produced card set.

    C) If you want the rest of that Twins set, I'm 99 percent sure I saw the full thing in the discount bin of one of my local haunts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't collect basketball, but, if I did, that Steve Nash would be one of my most treasured cards, I think. I wish there were more Billy Beane cards out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Billy Beane wished he had more cards too.....

      Delete
  6. I finally got the last piece of the trade package I want to send you. The mail is so slow this time of year. I have my fingers crossed that you don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Panini Contenders cards are really sharp. Looks like you've got a nice haul there.

    ReplyDelete