Monday, December 14, 2015

My Twins Frankenset: Page 19


I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. T.J., The Junior Junkie, just started showing his Griffey Frankenset. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 19:
And the backs . . .

163 - Brad Radke 1996 Topps
164 - Carl Pavano 2010 Topps Gold
165 - Shannon Stewart 2006 Fleer Ultra
166 - Greg Gagne 1989 Upper Deck
167 - Kirby Puckett 1995 Topps Finest
168 - Kennys Vargas 2015 Topps Opening Day
169 - Juan Berenguer 1990 Leaf
170 - Joe Mauer 2013 Topps Archives
171 - Scott Erickson 1994 Score Select

And we're back! It's been awhile since I've posted one of these bad boys. The multi exposure Scott Erickson might be my favorite. I had to get SeƱor Smoke (Juan Berenguer) into the Frankenset as soon as possible. I still want to see a card of Juan in his post 1987 AL pennant gear:

El Gasolino himself.


5 comments:

  1. Finest Puckett is the clear cut winner in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked that Pavano. You don't see warm-up shots like that too often on cards these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the Gerrit Cole variations from Opening Day a couple years ago was a warmup picture. It goes for $30 so I haven't pulled the trigger.

      Delete