Thursday, October 6, 2016

Goin' Prospectin'

Got a message from John Hazen a little while back, seeing if I was interested in some Bowman from the late 2000s, including a rookie card of a certain 40+ HR hitting middle infielder . . .


Why yes, yes I am.

These guys all made it to at least a cup of coffee in the bigs, Mulvey being one part of the Johan Santana trade with the Mets.

Some from 2008 - Steve Tolleson's dad Wayne was a major leaguer for several years.


Tobias Streich is a West Virginia University grad, and of course Hicks was the Twins' first rounder in 2008, and was traded for John Ryan Murphy before the 2016 season. The jury is still out on who "won" that trade...
\

thanks John, the return package should be coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. Nice Dozier! I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing the 2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Red Refractor I saw on COMC a couple months back. And it's always interesting to read about former prospects that never made the show.

    On another note, I skimmed through your wantlist and I have three cards you need: 1956 Topps #237, 1993 Score Franchise Puckett, and 1994 SP Holoview FX #29. If you'd like to make a trade let me know.

    The Collector

    ReplyDelete