Friday, October 21, 2016

COM(P)C

I've taken to hitting up COMC every few months or so and scraping the bottom of the barrel for some affordable cards from all over the map - in the past I focused on Twins, and this time I extended it to all Player Collection guys:

We still start with a Minnesota Twin, in this case Fan Favorite Kent Hrbek. Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Kent's audition for the WWF, Braves fans avert your eyes:
sorrynotsorry
Moving along... Here's another guy I collect, the future Hall of Famer Adrian Beltre.
Beltre's first homer was against the Rangers!
Another Lock for Cooperstown, the Pride of Peoria, IL, Jim Thome!

I've always thought that Eddie Murray was the #1 Bad-Ass of the 80s.

Big Bart wasn't always so big, and did you recall his stint on the South Side? Rickey remembers when Rickey played in San Diego, even if he couldn't remember playing with John Olerud (*that's a fun, if not entirely true, story) .
Pedro's been all over both leagues.
And we finish where we started -  with two franchise Center Fielders for the Twins. Nothing on this post cost me more than a buck, most of them were under 50 cents!

7 comments:

  1. I love a little COMC bargain hunting! That Beltre Upper Deck card in the lower left of your quadrant is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the year after he hit 40+ Homers for the first time, he definitely got the star treatment from upper deck.

      Delete
  2. You got a lot of nice cards for under a buck! I'm partial to the Pedros but the Murray special F/X is also very cool. How much was the Hrbek? I'm still a little surprised that '93 Finest singles are so cheap, even though the novelty (and the color) has worn off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was between. 50 cents and 75 cents, I don't recall exactly. There are several on sale right now under a dollar. The refractor version of the set still goes for big bucks, though.

      Delete
  3. I'm about due to make a COMC purchase. It is great for my WVU collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way I got posts up about the Pro Debut box and trade. The contest winning will be up today.

      Delete
  4. I need to finish filling my cart at ComC. I've been lazy. Nice additions.

    ReplyDelete