Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Willians Autographstudillo!


It's cold today, high didn't get above 20 degrees F. The "hot stove" is cooling off, too-- pitchers and catchers report next week. But card acquisitions can come any time of the year! Willians Astudillo was featured in almost every 2019 Topps product, reminiscent of a 2015 Kennys Vargas run of inserts and SSPs and photo variations and autographs.


The Topps Chrome auto came from eBay, and this Chrome refractor was purchased on Saturday at my local card shop (for maybe a little more than the national average price).


After seeing The Lost Collector reel in an awesome Luke Voit framed auto, I wondered if there were any Twins in that set . . . and of course Willians Astudillo was one of them!


Last but not least was this "sick hit" I found on eBay, and I actually paid less for this than the refractor auto. The card is numbered to just 35 copies! I don't know if Astudillo will even be on the opening day roster this year, but rest assured he will continue to have many fans in Twins Territory!

3 comments:

  1. Am I the only one out there who sees a young Bartolo Colon when looking at this guy? Seems very likable. Love the "sick hit"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Tortuga is gonna be a fan favorite for the Twins for a while. Nice pick-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice patches on that Tribute rookie card. Astudillo was the final card I needed to complete my 2019 Topps Chrome set.

    ReplyDelete