Saturday, February 1, 2020

Check Out My (Final ?) COMC Order

Dude, Where's My Cards?

Still waiting for an update on the shipment I requested on 12/2/2019. I emailed on 12/23, they replied the same day and said they'd look into it and get back to me. 


No response/update for over a week, so I sent a follow up on Jan 3rd. No Reply.


I emailed again on January 8th - no reply.


Hmm, maybe they aren't getting my emails? I started a new email thread on January 22nd - no reply.


I emailed again this Monday, after hearing nothing for another week, with no communication from COMC since that first response way back on December 23rd.


So, I have pulled all of my cards from sale on the website. I tried to have them shipped back to me, but they wanted to charge me $81 to ship my own cards back to me. Fine, you can keep them, I marked everything I sent to them as "For Charity."


I still had a sizeable number of cards that I already paid for, on the site, ready to ship. I had been using a strategy of placing a shipment order at the beginning of each month (after the $5 bonus), then adding store credit a week or two later and starting the process again. I would eat up all the store credit, save $4 of the bonus $5 to cover shipping, then repeat.


My first shipment request from COMC was way back on 9/17/2014. I had been ordering one shipment a month, EVERY MONTH, since March of 2015. This was before I even had a COMC account.


After not seeing my shipment change over to "packaging" status for 6 weeks, I decided to divest in the website altogether. I didn't have enough "store credit" to cover shipping, so I added $10 in store credit (the minimum allowed), and added my last cards to my last shipment to bring the amount left to $0.01


While I will really miss the site for its ease of navigation and all the great inventory, I decided that I didn't want to reward this poor customer service any longer. It's one thing if they lost the cards, or damaged them, or sent them to the wrong address... Any reason would have been better than not replying at all after 2 months. These were the last cards I ordered from COMC, they still owe me 61 cards from the December shipment that never materialized, and probably an apology too.

This is the only time I've had an issue in over 5 years using the site, but it's ridiculous to be ghosted on a simple shipping inquiry. What do you think, am I overreacting?

14 comments:

  1. I'm surprised things have not been resolved on their end but maybe it is a case where a third party shipper [used by COMC] dropped the ball and whatever cards you had shipped left COMC's hands.

    Your post has me worried about the card I've bought in my portfolio that I'm not looking to get shipped anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's certainly possible, and I would be totally understanding of any number of delays or reasons for not receiving the cards. Just upset that they haven't responded since December.

      Delete
  2. From what I've heard, things have been getting worse for awhile now, and rather than fix them, they just keep taking on more responsibilities -- auctions being the most recent thing. A lot of folks seem to think that the owner is building up the site to make it look more promising for sale, I don't know if it's true or not, but some people have laid out a pretty good case for it.

    Other than damaged and missing cards, which I've always been refunded for, I haven't had any other problems with them. The time it takes them to reply to emails can be slow, but I've never heard of it being that slow. Are you on Twitter? If so, you could try and contact them on there, people have said that the person running their Twitter account is very easy to deal with. Just a thought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will try that. Until this issue I have been more than happy with the company. I want to stay a customer.

      Delete
  3. Yes, they have been getting slower and slower with deliveries. It is clear that ComC is more concerned about their auctions they've been hyping for months. I used to order every month too. I've slowed that pace down these days, in fact I have zero inventory/ready to ship cards. I'll still look for specific cards, but after the last two "NON" deal- Black Friday sales it is my last resort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The missing shipment was loaded with items that were marked down for Black Friday. I saw a couple other folks mentioning delays around that time, I was chalking it up to the increased volume of orders, but at this point I don't know that I will ever see those cards.

      Delete
  4. It's odd you didn't hear from them EVER. My last shipment went to my old address-- apparently, when I updated to my new address, the shipping software didn't get the update. They were very transparent and took responsibility for problem.

    Hopefully they aren't biting off more than they can chew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post on Twitter and tag them. When I had a problem with them in December that got it fixed within a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's reasonable to expect an email. Even if it was an occasional "we're still looking into it" but to completely ignore you is bad for business.

    I just did the same thing with Ebay. There was an issue with paying for cards I won as in it wouldn't let me. The sellers would get mad at me even though it wasn't my fault. I talked back and forth with both Ebay and Paypal. They both blamed each other and nothing got resolved. I refuse to give them a dime anymore. Poor customer service will get me to leave in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read the other comments, I agree with the Tweet at them. I do that with a lot of companies when I have complaints. (Comcast and Verizon always respond.) Their social media people are a lot easier to deal with them then their customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, sorry to hear about it. I've had just a couple minor issues in my few years of buying cards on COMC. Currently building up 100+ cards for another shipment. A little worried now! Good luck getting it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that I did receive a shipment today, it just didn't include any of the cards I purchased for the December shipment.

      Delete
  9. Wow. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. The only time I've ever had an issue, they sent me the wrong card... let me keep it... and replaced it with one from their inventory. I don't think you overreacted. I'd be really upset if they ignored my emails and completely shafted me on a shipment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to give companies the benefit of the doubt in cases like these but the fact that they haven't even replied to your messages in months is just awful. I agree with others in that reaching out via Twitter might be the way to go. It's weird because I've personally never had a problem with COMC.

    ReplyDelete