Monday, February 27, 2017

O Canada! (two of deux)

Mike of Not Another Baseball Card Blog is working on a couple sets and I have one shipment so far (more coming soon!) his way. These cards, including the awesome Gary Carter above, came in return.
The two Hall of Fame pitchers came from the 89 Traded set, one at the beginning of his career, and the other just starting his final ride into the sunset.
A few of these were featured recently in another trade, but that'll happen when you have cards on your want list from the late 80s and early 90s.
Last but not least was this pair of Hall of Famers that became legends for their teams, spending their entire career with the same team.

Thanks again Mike, I will be sending some more cards your way soon.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry a few ended up being duplicates.

    Glad you got them and enjoy them and am looking forward to the next mailing lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were still on my list when you sent them, so it's all good!

      Delete
  2. there's Biggio again, taunting me! great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I have two now... I can add it to the stack of Tigers!

      Delete
  3. I love that Whitaker bunt. It is so being driven into the ground you can bet that thing popped up and hit him in the batter's box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a kick out of cards that capture a potentially embarassing moment.

      Delete
  4. I wish I was able to say that group with Trammel and Edgar Martinez is a nice bunch of hall of famers.....stupid voters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still time for Edgar, and I wouldn't surprised to see Trammell (and Lou Whitaker) on a future ballot for the veteran's committee.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's close to how I used to bat when I played hardball..

      Delete
    2. The Fleer design frames it so well, too - I think that is what appeals to me about this card in particular.

      Delete