Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Grin and Bear it

I didn't have to wait 'til next year to start a trade with Tom - I contacted him about a 1984 Topps card I had for his set, and even though he had set up a trade already to complete it, we still traded a couple e-mails and now some cards.


Here's the contents of the blind package I received back from Tom:

 Two Twins stacks and a middle stack labeled "want list"

The first Twins stack had young and old superstars

The wantlist stack took care of some shameful omissions from my collection.
Last set of Twins included a Senator (totally counts, even if Walter Johnson doesn't have his jersey retired by the Twins.), some shiny Joe Mauer action, Steve Beard-drosian, and lots of other fun stuff.

Pretty great. Thanks Tom!


5 comments:

  1. Nothing to jaw-dropping in that package, but who can argue with a Beard-drosian and some want list stuff? I'm excited about the break you're hosting and I've already scored a couple of nice items for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet - I thought it was a great package - Anytime I can cross off several cards at once from the 'ol want list is a win in my book.

      Delete
  2. I agree, anytime you can knock several cards off of a want list is a great thing. Great feeling, priceless you might say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great package. Tom's trade packages always pack a punch.

    BTW, I got your package in the mail today. Thanks a bunch for the parallels and Darvishes :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks again for the great trade.

      Delete