Friday, June 5, 2020

Free Stuff Friday #18 . . . A Clip Show?!?!




In the ways that really matter - things are good right now. I have access to food, my parents are safe and cared for, I am safe in my neighborhood... In a trading cards sense, however, things are . . . not great. The nearest post office to me burned down, and the USPS for safety reasons (both for letter carriers and the public) have temporarily and indefinitely removed all the blue mailboxes. I can still get letters out by handing them to whoever is delivering the mail, but I feel like those folks have already given so much. I am more or less saying that I won't be sending outgoing mail for a little while here. Tomorrow I am going to see if there is a box available just over the bridge in Saint Paul. 


Long story short - I decided to still do free stuff friday, but most of these cards are "re-runs" unclaimed from past Fridays. Perez is from the Royals Team set, Gallo is a refractor numbered to 250. 


I added three inserts here - Jordan Hicks is the only holdover from the inserts. People like their inserts!


I have a good idea now about which years of hockey are just not popular- I added a couple new ones here.


The football is all "New" - I didn't realize that folks have claimed all the football so far, unless I am missing a stack somewhere... 


Mixed in a few "new" basketball cards here, though several of these were held over.


I normally finish with a mini collection - instead I decided I would just go for "potpourri" - Maybe you missed these that week, maybe you've changed your mind... 

Feel free to go back to earlier posts and make claims, I've kept the stack of unclaimed freebies separate so it can be drawn from at any time! 

Claim one or claim them all! I will make a stack for you or add to an existing one. Either way, you'll get these eventually! 

31 comments:

  1. Can I get the Gallo, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe! I mailed you a PWE on Tuesday, hope you get it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bo! It came today.

      Delete
    2. That's great! I've got another one ready to go but will sit on it until things calm down there.

      Delete
  3. Can I get the Encarnacion Power Zone and Scherzer Hot Streak? Definitely feel free to add to a stack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the Radja, Derrick Coleman, or Leonard Marshall still available? Thanks so much for the site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I get the Red Wings goalie card and the Cavs card please? Just stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep - Jimmy Howard and Dion Waiters are set aside for you!

      Delete
  6. Can I please claim the blue Adames and the Simon Fletcher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep - I have an address for you - but it's a few years old - let me know if you've moved recently!

      Delete
  7. Can I get the Andersson, Westfall and quarter-finals, please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. Helton, Phil Ford, and Keith Jackson please.

    But yeah - it's way more important to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May I please claim the Puk, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you and your family are safe... but so sorry to hear about your post office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's a bummer - from what I have heard from neighbors all the folks were safe, and they are sorting mail from the main downtown post office.

      Delete
  11. Glad you are ok. Sorry about the post office.
    Can I claim the Jansen, Hicks, and Adames please? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adames was claimed but Jansen and Hicks are yours - I think I've sent you cards recently, is that right? If I don't have your address, please send me a note either using the contact form on this blog or drop me a direct email at brian dot d dot Oneal at Gmail dot com

      Delete
  12. I'm relieved that things are calming down a bit. I'm in the northern suburbs where it wasn't anywhere near as bad. Stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grant - appreciate it! Our community is hoping to heal from this and come out stronger and more compassionate and a safer place for all our neighbors. Getting to know my neighbors and forming a better relationship with the community I live in has been a silver lining in an otherwise heartbreaking and tense couple of weeks.

      Delete
  13. Glad things are ok for you. Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is the Starlin Castro, Ryan Madson, Carlos Lee, and Mickey Johnson still available? Just add to the stack please. Thanks and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these are all yours and added to the stack.

      Delete
  15. Can I claim Perez, McCutchen and any leftover football? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete