Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Moving Target



Not talking about the retail world, no, the moving target is my want list. Thanks to the generosity of several folks, I am finding it hard to keep track of all the new cards in my collection. Bo from the excellent Baseball Cards Come To Life! blog sent over a PWE of early 70s Topps, including the Bud Harrelson (with Nolan Ryan cameo) shown above.


Some 1970 Topps from Bo - I wish I knew the thought process behind using a player's full name or nickname - there's plenty of room there for "Blue Moon" Odom!


Ever since I started the series on which 70s set I wanted to build, my vintage want lists got a big boost. Just as quickly as I beefed the lists up, traders were coming out of the woodwork to knock them back down again.


Yep, these were all in the same envelope from Bo! Rick Monday was celebrating an anniversary recently - the day he was drafted #1 Overall in the first MLB entry draft! Thanks a bunch, Bo! 


Fellow MN resident blogger Jim from cards  as i see them also got a PWE through to me recently - It looks like I am still a few days behind on receiving mail (but my goodness, give the USPS a hearty round of applause for resuming mail delivery just 2 business days after losing 2 post offices!). 


Some great Twins Greats made it in the envelope - interesting to see Wrigley Field on that Paul Molitor card - he played only 2 games there in his career since he was a career American Leaguer, mostly pre-Interleague play. I am guessing all the cards in that subset have the same background.



This is me, cross-checking all my lists after the avalanche of new trades. Thanks Jim!



Blog reader Mark from Oregon has been dropping big mailers of vintage and 90s cards on me for the last month or so, and he sent over another doozy recently.


The main portion of this mailer was from 1976 Topps, which is easily a top 3 set for me from the decade. 


Getting all choked up by all this great stuff!


This doesn't really do it justice, but this is just a small representation of the variety in the latest mailer, attacking both vintage and modern wantlists with equal fervor. 

Thanks again Mark! Going to keep working on a decent return package for you. 

7 comments:

  1. A few contenders here. Lolich, Monday, long-time Phillie Maddox, action shots of Sheffield and Whitaker.

    Voting for old-school Padre Randy Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Walker is fabulous, along with those 71s!!!! I need to track down a copy of the Cordova. Pretty unique shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That '82 Donruss Tekulve. Yup, I've got to complete that set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic selection of cards for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Stadium Club Wade Boggs. I wonder who he and the team are waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 82D Tekulve is sweet! Love the Mike Norris rookie card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like them! That Cordova card is great, never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete