Friday, January 10, 2020

My Favorite Year - Blog Bat Around


Billy from Cardboard History got this Blog Bat Around started way back in the last decade. He wanted to know which sets from the 2010s were our favorite. I'm digging deep for this one, going back to my roots. I rejoined the card collecting ranks mid way through 2014, but 2015 was the first season jumping in with both feet.


This was my first pack of cards purchased in 2015!


Highlights from my first pack included Kennys Vargas!


I think 2015 was the debut of the First Pitch insert.


Photo Variations were all the rage by 2015.


They even worked their way into Opening Day! 2015 Topps Flagship was my favorite set of the decade, but I have love for all the 2015 sets, as these are the sets that got me back into the collecting mindset.


Gypsy Queen was back for its fourth year, and the images were put through all kinds of filters.


ah, my first minis


Stadium Club was also going strong for Topps in 2015.


Now that's a classy guy.


I opened a little bit of everything that year, just trying to see what struck my fancy.


These didn't really do it for me...


I did kind of like Pro Debut however...


Not a bad pack!


I joined my first big box team break!


Ah, memories. This was a fun trip down memory lane! These "scans" are mostly images from my first year blogging in 2015, when I was taking pics with either a digital camera or my phone, uploading to my laptop, then posting.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for taking part. The 2015 flagship set design was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2015 was far and away my favorite year of the decade too. I'm planning on ranking all the Topps sets from the 2010s on my blog soon but 2015 is probably #1 for me. Stadium Club was at the top of its game and I even paid a little attention to GQ that year, which is a rarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to sit down and think about my favorite year of the decade (in regards to collecting), but my favorite set design of the decade is hands down the 2015 Topps flagship design. I sure hope Topps brings back colored bordered to their flagships products in the near future.

    ReplyDelete