Sunday, May 22, 2016

Super échanger transatlantique

 This card came to me direct from an eBay seller, but I didn't order it myself. It's my first Joe Mauer Autograph! A very cool and very generous gesture.
 A follow up package came on Friday - you can probably guess from this card that it came from The Card Papoy
 This Kirby Puckett card is heat activated! The background is full of cartoon baseballs going crazy because Puck is beating the crap out of them with a baseball bat...
 The Slideshow insert is so cool. The back has a quote from Frank Thomas, because it's not a true 90s Leaf card without the Big Hurt!
 Some more fun variations and inserts. The Headline Stars card folds out and features a hologram style image of the pair of 90s sluggers.
I probably appreciate this card more than most people would. Kurt is not repeating the production of his lone All-Star season, but he's doing the best he can, you guys. This card is a highlight for me not only for the autograph, but it also features the Target Field All-Star Game patch on Suzuki's sleeve.

Thanks Kevin! As always, these are great cards!

7 comments:

  1. you're very welcome my friend (now tell your Twins to stop beating my team) ! I'm trading cards that have never been in my possession. It's a whole new concept

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the Twins beating the Blue Jays very often, they've already dropped today's game...

      Delete
  2. I bet San Jose Fuji will appreciate that Kurt Suzuki card when he sees it. I always take note of Kurt Suzuki cards when I see them, largely because I know Fuji likes him. I probably had him on a couple of fantasy baseball teams during his Oakland years.

    Nice cards all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he picked career hit #1000 today,so congrats to Suzuki on that milestone.

      Delete
  3. I went crazy with that Co-signers set when it first came out. So many Pirate combos! What a great group of cards from Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, such a nice surprise to see the cosigners card.

      Delete
    2. Agreed, such a nice surprise to see the cosigners card.

      Delete