Saturday, January 2, 2016

Skol

Here's the second part of that Vikings mini-collection I picked up on COMC. These are the guys I did watch in my youth:

 All he does is catch touchdowns!
 Carter was just recently inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame - He was certainly the best WR to play for the Vikings, and he was probably among the top 5 receivers during his playing days.
 The Herschel Walker trade resulted in several top draft picks going to Dallas. The success the Cowboys had overshadowed what was a pretty good career in MN for Walker. After Herschel came Robert Smith out of The Ohio State University. Smith was a great change of pace back in a pass heavy offense.
 The next generation of Purple People Eaters - Chris Doleman and then John Randle. I really love that last shot in the Dome - Pro Line may have been on somewhat flimsy cardstock, but the photography was top notch.

These were just a handful of favorite images I found browsing through the various checklists. Buster Rhymes actually had an NFL record for most Kick Return yards in a single season... You get that when your defense gives up a ton of points...
I may pick up some more Vikings at some point in the future, but I think this small selection is plenty for me!

2 comments:

  1. John Randle was one of my favorites dude was terrifying. I've got some Vikings for you if you want em. Got your PWE today, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards. I always enjoyed rooting for Carter as he grew up and attended high school in Middletown, Ohio which is the next town over from where I live.

    ReplyDelete