Friday, November 29, 2019

Showing Some A-PWE-ciation


Hope everyone is having a safe and wonderful start to their holiday season! I was the recipient of a pair of plain white envelopes (or PWEs) this past week, thanks to Tom from Waiting 'Til Next Year and Bo from Baseball Cards Come to Life.  Tom sent 3 cards,  I was surprised to find a Ryne Harper in the envelope! Tom has a formidable Sandberg player collection, I thought the new generation of "Rynes" might make it into his collection as well.


Harper and this Nelson Cruz insert were both featured in 2019 Topps Update and came in a ZZ Pack War post.


Also in that pack war was this promo card of former Twin Tsuyoshi Nishioka! The reverse side has a promo of a jersey swatch for Kyuji Fujikawa, former Cubs hurler. I might need to start a Chiba Lotte Marines collection between Nishioka and of course the great Kennys Vargas. I indirectly owe a thank you to ZZ as well for this cool card! Thanks for the PWE, Tom, I hope we aren't Waiting 'til Next Year to read a new post on your blog now that you are shifting your focus a bit. Best of luck with that wood-working project, sounds like fun!



Bo's PWE was laser focused on a pair of my collections - The Alou family, and the bat rack.


Moises' proud papa, Felipe featured here from his playing days.


A quartet of Manageri-alous! 


To round it out, Bo included this bat rack bunch. Thanks very much, Bo, these hit the spot!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like them! I had noticed the note on your blog re the manager cards and found a few in my recent pickup.

    ReplyDelete