Thursday, January 17, 2019

Signature Required - And Another Contest!


I made a big order from COMC just after the New Year, and for the first time ever a signature was required to get my mitts on it. I was a little sheepish about signing for it, as the post office marked it as "signature required - adult material" and I can't decide if it's more or less embarrassing that the package didn't contain any booze or sex toys.


The only Puckett card out of the 100+ cards in the order emphatically states that it is the opposite of adult material- it's Sports Illustrated for Kids! I have more cards of Kirby Puckett than any other individual player, and yet, I don't even have 20% of the cards made with him on it.


CONTEST!

I currently have somewhere between 400 and 500 unique Kirby Puckett cards. Guess the exact number (or the closest wrong guess) of unique Kirbys in my collection and win a custom made mix of 100 Cards + One Pack repack. So basically, pick a number between 401 and 500 to enter!

CONTEST!

Winner will be announced in Saturday's post. Entries still accepted in yesterday's post, too. Someone may or may not have already guessed correctly!

The COMC order will help me with some return packages on trades, and for several upcoming blog posts, so the rest of the haul will have to wait.

20 comments:

  1. My guess is 476 different Puckett cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 462. Cuz that's the number I typed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going with 484...thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirby hit 414 doubles in his career... so I'll go with 414!
    For the record, 400 to 500 cards of any one player is a HUGE number. For that to not even be 20% of all his cards is just mind-blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I miss his appearances in Topps products, it certainly would be a much higher number if Topps had been making cards of him in Archives and stadium club...

      Delete
  5. 491.

    That's hilarious that the cards came marked as "adult material". If it were from an eBay seller I'd expect that the seller sells adult stuff as well, but COMC? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the post office choosing to mark it that way, I've had similar quantity orders from comc, never required a sig before. I wonder if that's new for 2019.

      Delete
  6. Jumpin high at 489. The first number I thought of was too close to a couple others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's go right down the middle and say 450!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 477... because 7's. :D Nice order!

    ReplyDelete