Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Time That Saturday Was Card Shop Day


I took a trip away from the craziness of the MN State Fair to visit the 2nd location of Three Stars Sportscards in Bloomington, MN. For showing up, a pack of Topps National Baseball Card Day 2018 was mine. For spending $10 on Topps products, I earned the Rhys Hoskins you see above.


I think I will keep Rhys, and I plan on sending Kiermaier to France as part of the next Triple Break / trade with The Card Papoy, but the rest are up for trade.


How did I earn the Rhys? I bought a jumbo hobby pack of Topps Chrome.


Bregman and Bradley are different versions of refractors, Didi and Max are the European representatives in the pack.


I actually pulled a refractor auto! It's a Marlin, though. I have now pulled three autos in packs in 2018, and they've ALL been Marlins. Let's hope that the third time is a charm and it won't happen again.


I always like to dig through the various boxes they put out at the store, scoring this die-cut Bartolo Colon from 1995 Classic.


There was a 3 / $5 auto/relic box, and I found several things to my liking, along with a fair number of cards to add for future trades. The Jesse Crain auto graph is numbered to 99, I think it is a variation because the stained glass is not colored in like the other cards I've seen from that set . . .


There was a stack of oddball box sets, and I picked up three Kraft Singles Sets- 1993, 1994, and 1995. I'm fairly certain I already have the 1994 Puckett, but the others are new to me, and again there's some more trade bait. The sets were all American League only.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Bartolo looks so young. And thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing!
      One of the reasons I like Bartolo is no questions how/why he doubled in size like the sluggers at the turn of the century.

      Delete
  2. Didn't know they had a store in Bloomington. I haven't been to their Roseville store in years.

    ReplyDelete