Thursday, August 16, 2018

2018 Series 2 Kennyssssssssss


Well, it's mid-August now, and Kennys Vargas has yet to crack the 40-Man roster, let alone the 25-Man MLB roster. He's in his age 27 season, and has hit just .221/.308/.381 at AAA Rochester.


But there's always room to hope! Logan Morrison, the player that most closely mirrored the skill set Kennys provides, has been historically bad, and recently underwent season ending hip surgery. For now,  the Twins are rotating Catcher Mitch Garver and 1B/OF Tyler Austin in the DH spot. Kennys will have a tough time breaking up that duo.


I've yet to complete a Vargas rainbow, and I doubt I'll ever see the 2015 Topps Clear /10 that I've been looking for going on 3 years now... The 2018 rainbow seems almost possible. I have tried many of the strategies suggested by the blogging world's rainbow building/player collecting expert Kenny in this excellent post, and I am hopeful that it will happen.

I just need the following for 2018:

Topps Black /67
Mother's Day Pink /50
Father's Day Blue /50
Memorial Day Camo /25
Platinum /1
Printing plates (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)

For 2015 Topps, I just need the Factory exclusive sparkly variation and that darn Clear/Acetate parallel.

No comments:

Post a Comment