Saturday, July 1, 2017

Score-ing Some Fine Herb. (1956 Topps Set Build) (Get Yer Minds Outta The Gutter!)


I think of myself as a reasonably functional adult. I pay my bills on time, last week I took a day off work to get some topsoil delivered and did some DIY landscaping at my house, I don't have trouble remembering birthdays or other important dates.

But maybe I'm getting old? Today I set out for the local Monthly Card Show, which I had been looking forward to all week. I get out to the strip mall, which takes me about 45 minutes to get to, and it's a ghost town. The only people there are shopping for things that aren't even made out of cardboard!

That's because the show is NEXT week. I had some choice words for myself on the trip home, missing my chance to pick up cards towards my vintage sets, or any dime box hunting....


When I made it home, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I am smarter than I thought. I won this Herb Score 1956 Topps card on eBay late last week, and it was waiting for me in the mailbox. I had plenty of time to mow the lawn as well, content that I had beaten myself at my own game today.


If that wasn't enough, I've also been adding Topps NOW Twins all year, the bottom two arriving today. I show the back of card 150 because it is the Mother's Day special, and features an athletic grab by Byron Buxton on the back, but no Twins on the front.

4 comments:

  1. Love me some Herb! Especially of the '56 variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was confused at first since I was thinking about heading to valley west next Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having it before the 4th was wishful thinking on my part - I have family in town this weekend so I am missing the show entirely. Oh well!

      Delete