Wednesday, March 16, 2022

I Kennys See CLEAR-ly Now

 

This has been a long long LONG time coming! I've had several different saved searches on eBay. "Kennys Vargas," "Kenny Vargas," "Kennys Vargas Clear," "Kennys Vargas Acetate," "Kennys Vargas /10" "Kenny Vargas /10" "Vargas Clear" "Vargas Acetate" "2015 Topps Clear" "2015 Topps Acetate" "2015 Topps /10" All of these searches would have no new results for months at a time. When results did pop up, I would be briefly excited, only to feel deflated soon after. 


And then, finally! A new listing appeared! COULD IT BE? The listing was for "2015 Topps Kenny Varga Clear 2/10" Close enough! BUY IT NOW!

My first post about trying to put together this rainbow was added on March 16, 2015 - no kidding!

And now, just 7 short years later, the card appeared as though it was the most normal thing in the world to be listed for sale. In the comments section for that 2015 post I lamented that I waited too long to decide to try for the rainbow - 2 copies of the Topps Clear version had already sold, and none were available for purchase. To the best of my knowledge, this was the first time this card was up for sale on eBay since then.



Here are the lowest print run Kennys I have in the various issues from 2015 Topps. A Chrome red refractor /5, an online only Topps Mini /5, and oh, yeah, I have the platinum 1/1 too. So... now what? Well, I missed out on the Chrome Superfractor about 6 years ago, maybe that will go on sale some day? I also have yet to see any 2015 printing plates of Kennys in the wild or online, I guess that would really complete the set. 

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome! congrats on landing this long time want! it is a strange and surreal feeling to see a listing for a card that you have been looking for for a long time. almost unbelievable at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps i miss seeing the superamerica logo on cards

      Delete