Thursday, March 5, 2020

Thursday Trading Post


Blog trading is back with a vengeance, you just love to see it. Tom from Waiting Til Next Year  sent me a stack of vintage needs, for which I am very grateful!


Tom tossed in some Twins and a Tiger . . . Can't beat a pile of Hall of Famers in your mailbox!


Ford at Forbes Field finally closed out the package. Thanks again, Tom!


Then I was visited by a friendly Night Owl, who offered a stuffed envelope of great cards.


These guys have been prospects for so long that they are now veterans, and hopefully are just now entering their peak years- The Twins are ready to defend their AL Central crown this year, hopefully with a deeper run in the playoffs.


There were plenty of parallels to go around as well, including one of my favorite current Twins, Eddie Rosario, and one of my favorite baseball names of all time, ZACK GRANITE.


It wouldn't be a Night Owl related post without some sweet vintage, now, would it?


Last but not least was this teeny tiny Willians Astudillo. Thanks again for the great cards, Greg!


Bo from Baseball Cards Come to Life! bombarded my mailbox as well, with a bubble mailed packed to the brim with sweet sweet junk wax!


No shortage of horizontal heroes here!


Both named and unnamed needs were addressed with cards from the want list and mini collection hits like these bat rack cards of Ben Grieve and Mike Kelly.


I remain an unashamed and unabashed Barry Bonds fan, so these four were very welcome as well. Thanks Bo!

Tomorrow I will have some more free stuff to give away - GTT, if you're reading this. please reach out to me with your address! You can contact me using the contact form on my blog (viewable in the web version).

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you must've sent Tom some really good stuff (note: I probably saw said stuff, but I've already forgotten what it was)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure the mailman doesn't hurt his/her back this early in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, not sure what I was thinking when I sent you that Tiger. My brain must have seen the capital T and thought it was a Twin. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, with Al Kaline I am never going to be salty!

      Delete
  4. Great stuff from some awesome bloggers. The card that stood out the most was the Ford at Forbes. I really, really want a copy of that card for my vintage binder and Ford collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a second year Reggie! Ford at Forbes is kind of a bittersweet card for a Yankee fan.
    Glad you like the cards I sent you! Thanks for the Fun Free Stuff Fridays!

    ReplyDelete