Sunday, September 8, 2019

NOW You're Just Being Ridiculous


This card is one that I debated spending money on - the main reason I decided to get was that I attended this game in person. I don't know if I would have pulled trigger otherwise. I mean, the Twins have been on a lot of Topps NOW cards this season, especially in July / early August:


Is this what it feels like to collect Yankees?


I branched out a little bit from the Twins, adding the Steve Wilkerson Save game, and I picked one of the many Aristedes Aquino cards. I went with the throwback 70s Reds jersey card. The Vlad Jr card is a Throwback Thursday offering using the Stadium Club insert "Crystal Ball" design.


Also, shout out to Nelson Cruz, who had never hit 3 HRs in a game in his entire career - then did it twice in ten games!! The Opening Day set I bought from Topps once again resulted in bonus cards.


Last but not least, Throwback Thursday paid tribute to 2 sport stars like Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, and... Joe Mauer?!? The #1 Overall Pick was also recruited by Florida State to play Quarterback and was the #1 rated high school QB his Senior Year. Who knows, the kid still has all 4 years of eligibility left! (He's, uh, not going to play College Football).

Kyler Murray had a less than stellar debut - and has picked it up in the 4th quarter. Should he have stayed with baseball, or will he flourish in Arizona?

5 comments:

  1. Saw the headline and could only think of this rather obscure (but great) song. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ni_wEYN9a1c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Murray will be fine. A rookie QB in game one of his first season... he was the fastest performer last year in every game he played last year, but things move at a different rate in the NFL.

      Delete
  3. As an A's fan... I wish he would have stayed in baseball ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a bummer for Oakland to lose him, they may have wished they drafted a different player in his place.

      Delete