Friday, November 2, 2018

Players Gonna Play


This year was the 2nd Annual Player's Weekend Celebration, where players can wear any socks they want.


Topps released a set again this year, picking a handful of players from each team - I was of course looking for the Twins' set.


La Makina is my favorite of this bunch. Apparently there were also special short printed cards (please don't die of shock) if a person purchased 5X or 10X sets. Well, that's kind of dumb. Enough re-sellers bit on that, so there are 14 Logan Forsythe short prints and 10 Tyler Austin short prints that I will never see in person.

I did, however, buy my set directly from Topps, which gave me the possibility of getting a bonus card later on... and boy it was a doozy:


It got dusty in this room all of a sudden... Joe dons the tools of ignorance one ... last ... time! Mauer's last game of 2018 just may be the last game of his career, and it was a memorable day, from his Twin daughters greeting him at first base before the game, to a opposite field double in his final at bat, and finally his brief stint behind the plate and long standing ovation from Minnesota fans.


This was nice surprise to add to the 5 card set - I'm hoping that next year will have a a Twins set that features a first place finish!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the topps now card of Joe in his catchers gear. I stopped my Mauer pc years ago, but had to have that card.

    ReplyDelete