Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Saturday Was Card Show Day


 And everyone wants to talk about Heritage! I swear I overheard a ton of talk about the newly released set, just about every dealer had some.
 I'm still trying to catch up with the 60s!
Like seriously, give a guy a chance to catch up before you put out all these new cards!
I'm way behind! Walt Moryn is a local kid from Saint Paul - all these cards were fifty cents to a dollar.

 Took care of 3 needs on my 1956 Topps Set, and I could not say no to another Don Mossi.
 Al Kaline, looking fairly sharp
 And one Pete Rose, extra gritty. I actually am going to leave this on my want list, this card was too cheap to pass up, but I think I'd still like an upgrade.
 Then I found a table of dime boxes. This guy had come to the show many times before, but somehow I missed that these existed.
 I hope that this was just the first time he brought these, that must be why I never stopped before...
 A handful more Stanley Cups for the mini  collection!
 This was from a box of 76, 77, and 78 Topps - all five cents a card.
 can you believe there are only 10,000 of these? Talk about RARE
 BOOF!
Ok. I did get one new card. More on this card coming up later in the week (I know you're excited).

16 comments:

  1. Got to love the 1978s.. Wish I had card shows around me so I could find some.. Decided to collect the set since it's my birth year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will try to remember that for the next show! Do you have a want list up?

      Delete
  2. Sweet Sandy Amoros! Lots of nice pick ups, especially the Puckett elite and the dual auto. Oh, and check out 95-96 Topps hockey for some more Cup celebration cards ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I will check out that set! There's a hockey expo next week in the Twin Cities, hopefully there will be plenty of Stanley Cup cards there.

      Delete
  3. 10000 yes but hard to find at a good price. was that in a dime box??? I'm particularly drawn to the Golden Age Foxx, a rare Masked Jimmie. A great show Brian!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a dime.. I bought it with the Boof and one other card for a reasonable price for the trio. Not sure exactly how much each one cost.

      Delete
  4. You found that Yogi in a dime box? Well done! That's a great looking card. Is it a Turkey Red? I may need to pick one of those up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there were several from the set in the box. Yogi was one of the most interesting ones.

      Delete
    2. Specifically the card is an insert from 2010 Topps, separate from the turkey red sets.

      Delete
  5. Boof Bonser! I rarely see other collectors pick-up a Boof Bonser card. Nice grab on that Puckett too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grabbed that Kaline at the last card show I went to ... six months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love that Don Mossi in particular but there are a lot of beauties there.

    'Cup' cards are something I think about collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! Can't believe I've never seen that '09 Topps Victor Martinez before, what a great shot. (Adding it to the Just Commons cart as we speak...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Elite Series cards. A few months back I showcased a Bonds.

    ReplyDelete