Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Total Recall


No, not you Arnold. (though I am looking forward to CGI Special Effects fest Terminator sequel)

No, I'm talking about Marc from Remember the Astrodome. Turns out he likes the Houston Astros, so I sent a few his way in a PWE and right back in the mail came a reply. Let's check it out:
What could it be?
Tiny Kirby!

 Local kid makes good!
 I wonder- has anyone ever finished the UD Documentary set?
 Jerry and Dwight don't remember the Astrodome- it wasn't done being built yet!
 Marty is reminded of the time he won the rookie of the year award, he's looking around for a Delorean to take him back!
Torii recalls a simpler time with these throwback designs.

Thanks Marc!

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff from Bru! Glad to see the Twins are playing pretty well. Hope they can find some pitching to supplement the offense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joke circulating among Twins fans is that when Ervin Santana is reinstated it'll be just like making a big trade at the deadline.
      My opinion is that the pitching is only as good as the defense behind it, and the Twins have a super slow outfield.

      Delete
  2. Happy to help! Just got your other PWE yesterday. Man, I remember thinking Cordova was fantastic early on - I had a lot of those non-superstar guys that I liked just because I felt they played really solid ball (e.g. Rusty Greer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cordova was awesome in his first few seasons. I forget if it was injury or the league just figuring out the holes in his swing, but it was a steep decline for a guy that was looking like a possible 40/40 guy (more realistically 25/25) for years to come.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of the64 Rookie cards. Very simple but a nice looking cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! In addition, I think 2 rookies per card is plenty, 4 is too many... if they insist on having more than one, that is.

      Delete