Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Powerized!

Where d'ya wanna go now Billy Jo?
 "I'm feeling hitterish today."
Day # 2 Part One - Louisville, KY and the Louisville Slugger Bat Factory / Museum.
 The Big Bat at the Front Entrance of the Museum.



 Harmon Killebrew on a video - he really loved and trusted his bats. A quote on the wall at the end of the tour mentioned that every single MLB homer he hit was with a Louisville Slugger.
 Derek Jeter, Ted Williams, Ken Griffey, Jr., and Babe Ruth statues with real bats - there were quotes from each player on the floor.


 Joe DiMaggio's bat (the last of three) that was used during his 56 game hitting streak.
Honus Wagner's Bat and Uniform
Tony Oliva in an Exhibit specifically for Cuban Baseball - the photos of Minoso's bat didn't come out very well.

Some more artwork from the Cuban Baseball Exhibit.

They also hosted a Topps exhibit with a history of Topps Cards...



I got the chance to hold bats used in game action by Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Cal Ripken, Jr., and Joey Votto.

I tried taking some cuts in the batting cage using a bat made to same specs as Stan Musial's bats... I bruised my ego pretty badly on that one!

Part Two coming later today!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like there was a lot there to keep you entertained, nice choice for a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bit of baseball history right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that the Slugger Museum is a great stop. Glad to see it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good one. My Mom is from Louisville, but I haven't been to the museum since I was very young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to live in Louisville. Only went to the museum once, but I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete