Saturday, January 18, 2020

One More for the Road


A couple weeks ago I shared the various Japanese baseball cards I found of Kennys Vargas. When I made the post, I figured I would check the Japanese site Mint Mall one more time to see if there was anything new available. I found this insert card called "Fireworks".


The Card is numbered to 100 copies, so it was a just sheer dumb luck to find a copy of it available. I'm guessing there's a card of another Marines players with "EWO" at the top of the card, and a third with "RKS." 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That's pretty cool that you were able to land this Vargas for your collection. Any plans on chasing the other two cards down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not, based on the comment below I still have a base insert for Kennys to chase first!

      Delete
  2. Seiya Inoue has the "EWO" card and Brandon Laird has the "RKS" card. This is an insert card from last year's BBM Marines set. I think your card is a parallel version (which is why it's serially numbered).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, I guess I will have to keep looking for the base insert!

      Delete