Monday, August 3, 2015

My Twins FrankenSet - Page 5

I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 5:
 And the backs:

#37 Chuck Knoblauch 1991 Fleer Update
#38 Danny Gladden 1987 Topps Traded
#39 Corey Koskie 2001 Fleer Platinum
#40 Phil Hughes 2015 Topps Heritage
#41 Rod Carew 2005 Leaf Sportscasters Red Fielding Glove /50
#42 Rick Aguilera 1992 Score
#43 Kent Hrbek 1988 Score
#44 Brad Radke 2003 Donruss Studio
#45 Kirby Puckett 2005 SP Legendary Cuts

The oldest card on this page is actually pretty recent. It's Dan Gladden's first Twins Topps card - he stuck around just long enough to earn two World Series rings and now he's back doing the radio broadcasts. I like his style and delivery, but his play by play has some room for improvement. Sometimes it takes awhile to figure out if a play was a hit or an out, if I don't listen from the beginning, it might take a couple innings to hear what the score is.

I like the Radke card because it features the architectural marvel that is the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome! Didn't take long to add another Puckett card to the Frankenset, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment