Thursday, March 19, 2020

TransAtlantic Triple Break Dips into the Archives!


We won't allow a little global pandemic to come between friends. Admittedly, this mailer arrived well before the ominous music and the slow pan out from a monkey's eye to a crowded market where innocent citizens were completely unaware of the danger that surrounded them. Matt, Kevin, and I have kept the Triple Break going for several years now, and I'm hopeful that this too will pass.


Kevin did the honors this time and opened a box of 2019 Archives. I went with the AL Central and NL West for my teams. I'm sure Tim Anderson and Brad Keller are ok with a little social distancing after their 2019 dust-up.


Archives is home to classic designs, as well as classic players. Always fun to see some Hall of Famers in your set!


Of course, I'm always interested in the Twins that are in each break.


Five Twins total found their way across the ocean to me, and just a reminder that I want your 2020 Topps Eddie Rosario cards - trying to build a ROSIE RAINBOW!


These were my "hits" from the box, but the truth is that if any of us win, we all win - And this time? Oh man, did we ever win! Matt had the AL West and that meant he is the proud owner of an Ichiro Autograph! One of the cooler things we've pulled so far since we started.


Kevin tossed in some extras, like these Twins and a Roger Clemens card - I am actually light on Clemens cards with the Blue Jays, so this was a nice surprise!


Kevin is an Upper Deck fan, and with cards like these, that should come as no shocker.


Last but not least, an "IDES OF MARCH" eBay 1/1! Josmil Pinto was going to fill in for Joe Mauer behind the plate for a hot second, but he never really took off for the Twins. This card is pretty awesome though!

Kevin, thanks again for the Triple Break, I hope things are well with you and yours as we all try to ride out this crazy time in our history. 

3 comments:

  1. Great break! I've been in touch with Kevin. He is safe at home. I miss seeing him around here. So glad the three of you remain friends and share some hobby fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2019 Archives is a great looking set. I'm going to buy a box one of these days - but I sure won't pull anything like that Ichiro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few of those Lovero cards sitting in binders. I really should go and try to build that set. That Anderson is really cool.

    ReplyDelete