Saturday, July 21, 2018

Back to Back Triples!


A good idea is worth doing twice! Matt from Bob Walk the Plank also had a box of 2018 Diamond Kings for the Transatlantic Triple Break. I picked AL West and AL Central for Kevin's break (shown in yesterday's post) so this time I went with NL West and the AL East.


Past and Present was a new insert for me - I think Lynn is a good comp for Benintendi, not just because they both played for Boston.


Just like yesterday, it's the best of today and the best of yesteryear.


My personal faves from the batch - Catchers always get the most interesting cards in these sets.


The only Twin? The Killer in a 500 HR Club insert set.



I was also the lucky guy to get the hit this time - Clayton Kershaw! My Dodger luck continues, I pulled a Bellinger relic from Diamond Kings last year.


Matt included some extras as well! I had a fever, the only prescription was more KUBEL!



Buxton wound up on the Disabled list again, now in AAA, for a wrist strain. There was concern early on that he may have broken a bone in his hand, so a strain is much better news. Sano was promoted back to AAA tonight too, both guys will be knocking on the door soon.


Purple Eddie Murray! This is serial numbered to just 99.


Probably impossible to see the imprint, but this card is stamped on Larry's right arm with "2002 National" for the annual card convention.



The card was just one of five stamped and handed out at the card collector's convention.

Thanks again for the break Matt!

4 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with picking the nl west!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting the Kershaw! Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having to dig deep into your subcollections to find trade bait. I'll stock up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep a strategic reserve of Bob Walks, just in case.

      Delete