Saturday, July 22, 2017

If At First You Don't Succeed . . .


. . . buy it online. So I dragged myself to two Walmarts this week, hoping to score some Bowman Platinum. Both places were sold out, but I had a back up plan already in place. My good friend, the Internet! I have been buying small lots of Twins from a seller on Facebook, and he let me know that he had a bunch of Bowman looking for a home.


Here's what the back of base cards look like, for those curious, nothing groundbreaking here. Similar to Finest.


Twins! Everybody wants the hits, but the base cards are all I was really looking to get.


Fernando! He's going to be called up soon to get his shot, I can feel it!


In addition to Bowman Platinum, there were some Twins-centric goods available. Max Kepler isn't a superstar, but he's speedy. He's a plus defender and has a sweet line drive swing that is still developing.


Miguel has continued to hit the ball hard after finishing second in the Home Run Derby, smashing two homers against the Yankees in the three game series at Target Field.


A Starter turned reliever, Tyler Duffey has been solid, eating up lots of needed innings for the Twins when their regular starters falter (which has been often this season).


And one more Romero for the road! This last one was found on eBay, it's serial numbered to 99 on the back.

6 comments:

  1. nice stuff! the Sano relic would have been cool as a bat barrel pic with a bat relic on the bat end. are there any releases out there with a design like this? seems like a cool idea if they are going to continue to market wood chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are lots of similar bat chip relic cards, but I can't think of a specific one that also uses the barrel pose, seems like a great idea to me!

      Delete
  2. I didn't try Walmart... but I've never been able to find Bowman at any of my local Targets. After striking out big time on the blasters I picked up last weekend... maybe it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I went to Walmart was that I read somewhere that Bowman Platinum was exclusively being sold there.

      Delete
    2. Oh. Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Might try to stop by one on my way home this week.

      Delete
    3. It was similar to last year when I ended up buying some very untasty breadsticks from Walmart just to get some Marketside cards... I probably should have just got those online too.

      Delete