Monday, July 17, 2017

Going Clubbing


Aw. Yeah.


Stadium Club is back in 2017, and the base cards do not disappoint.


The inserts are a little bit on the boring side - do we need these . . .


When we could have 1-2 dozen more of these?


Lots of parallels - Gold, Chrome, etc. Beam Team is not a terrible insert. I didn't pull anything die-cut or clear/acetate this time, maybe they are more rare, or maybe there aren't any?


Gotta show the Twins! I am pretending the Danny Santana card is actually a Jorge Polanco card (Polanco is on the left.) I dig the card either way. Buds at the bat rack!


Pulled a Joe Mauer as well, but still short of the full base team set...


What about hits, you ask? I mean, the base cards are where Stadium Club shines. Even though it's nice to pull a Pujols /50, I'm more interested in base cards.


I'm conflicted - this is a SSP photo variation, so I should have been pumped to get this card from my favorite National League team. But Hamilton's regular base card is really cool! I didn't get one in the box, so hopefully I can find one in the wild.


Each box contains two signatures - Ryan Schimpf was pretty much what I was expecting to pull - either a Padre, a Marlin, a Ray... Schimpf is probably on the high end of my predicted autograph.


Kevin, check it out! So, I bought two boxes of Stadium Club- box number 2 is remaining sealed until it's my turn for the Transatlantic Triple Break, but I already pulled a great card for the break! This signature is a Refractor, numbered to just 10!


Overall, this box was exactly what I was hoping for - fantastic base cards, a few surprises, a few Twins. I still think they could reduce the inserts to just Beam Team and parallels, and I would have liked the box to have a higher number of base cards, but otherwise this is just what the doctor ordered.

12 comments:

  1. I'd really like to get some Stadium Club. Might not be able to get anything until the fall though.
    I really like the look of the set.. Have for a few years.. They just don't carry it here in the WalMart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Buxton to send you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for some good Dodger swag for you.

      Delete
  3. Lovin on that Tim Raines. Both of his cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a sticker auto on the Morales? That's the first sticker I've seen in SC this year.
    There's a Sandberg sighting behind Bo Jackson! Must be an All-Star game photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a sticker for Morales - I wonder if the refractor surface doesn't hold the ink well...

      I could be wrong, but I think it is the 1989 All-Star Game, which he led off with a home run. The pic is probably from later in the game, after he stole 2nd base.

      Delete
  5. That Frank Thomas chrome needs a better storage location (hint hint).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at Walmart and Target the other day and saw maybe 2-3 blasters and one rack pack combined between the two places. I almost grabbed a blaster but couldn't convince myself to spend $20 on a 40 card blaster. Then again, these are really nice looking cards, so I might just bite on one. Never was a big fan of the SC inserts though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If any set could become a viable base-only product, it's Stadium Club. With base cards like those, does anyone really care about the inserts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking cards! I know I'm in the minority, but I'd be happy to pull a Schimpf auto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stadium Club photography is one of the best things about modern card collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That Raines is spectacular! The Bo and McCovey aren't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete