Thursday, July 27, 2017

gift chrome really liked


Jim of cards as i see them let me know in a comment that he had a Byron Buxton Stadium Club card for me, and the envelope arrive along with a few more great cards!


A trio of Chrome from last season, with Buxton leading off


I feel for Byung-ho, he's a free swinger that wasn't making solid contact in the big leagues, he's still got another year on his contract, but signs haven't been promising that he'll get too many more chances to prove he can hit in the show.


Berrios is still young, I'm curious to see how well he manages the work load down the stretch in his first full season for the Twins. With most rookies, I would be concerned about conditioning, but he might be the best conditioned player on the entire roster.


Here's the great Stadium Club base card that eluded me in the hobby box I bought. Jim set things right!


last but not least, Torii in a weird 2005 Donruss Studio parallel set. I probably have 4 different versions of this card, but this was still a new one to me!


In hindsight, it was easy to see how this card would have been hard to spot in the wild before now.

3 comments:

  1. nice lot of Twins. St Club is gorgeous this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen the Buxton Stadium Club until now. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta feel bad for whoever hit that ball -- dude is out.

      Delete