Sunday, September 24, 2017

Foldout (selected cuts)


the scanner cut this off at the bottom a bit

Mark Hoyle sent out a message on Twitter that he had an extra set of 1983 Topps Foldouts that he was making into individual players. I jumped at the chance to add some Twins, but unfortunately, Topps did not. There were no current Twins in the set.


Here's Bert's 1983 Topps card for reference- The foldouts are roughly the size of a postcard.


Hall of Famer and former Twin Rod Carew. Love the background of various people milling around during batting practice. I wonder if this show was taken at an All-Star Game?



The back side also has a photo, as the foldouts came with 17 images on each "card" folded accordion-style. Mark will know why it was an odd number, there must have been a checklist or title card at one end of the accordion. 3 former Twins and an Iorg! Thanks to Mark for mailing these to me, I should have a PWE to send you this week.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad there were no Twins. Decided to send some ex Twins . There was a header card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80's oddballs rule! I think I have an unopened box of these from a Craigslist haul years ago. Might need to finally dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of the intact foldouts, but I've often been tempted to divvy them up into individual cards. I'll probably end up doing it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete