Monday, September 11, 2017

Check, check. Check 2, yeah.

Oh brother.

I went looking for some steals and deals on eBay, and this checklist caught my eye.

I need the Larsen, too, kid!

Mostly unmarked, fairly clean, and most importantly, this was cheap! I only have two more cards to go, both Yankees pitchers. Whitey Ford, and Don Larsen. I might get them on eBay, but I'm in no hurry. Instead, I think I will try my luck at the next card show in October. Maybe I can finish the set this year after all!

4 comments:

  1. The previous owner of this checklist had a nice collection. He had some of the biggest names in the set... Mantle, Mays, Berra, and Mathews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they had a pretty good start on the set, who knows how many from series 1 and 3?

      Delete
  2. Do you have a bottle of champagne ready for the set completion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an idea! Maybe I will opt for the champagne of beers instead, though. Knowing my clumsiness, I'd put the cork through the Mantle somehow.

      Delete