Friday, September 2, 2016

One of the Giants of Super Trading

 A big surprise came in the mail from P-Town, which means Tom from Waiting Til Next Year was on the case.
 The Twins' fans are Waiting Til Next Year themselves, it's been a while since they have the solid starting pitching like Pascual / Kaat / Mudcat Grant et al.
 Not gonna lie, I was more excited about A-Gone than Adam Johnson on that card....
 There's a better pitching Johnson, and some of the better corner infielders in Twins history - Koskie and Hrbek were better than you remember...
 I love this Frank Viola parody art card - good stuff.
 This was a scanning trial and error- I was trying to get a better view of the hologram on this Upper Deck Diamond Gallery special set.
A pair of Kennys!!! I just won an auction on eBay for a very special Kennys, that I will show when it arrives, but these two are very much welcome as well.

Thanks Tom!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for oddballs so that Frankie Violin stands out for me. The set looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Dave Winfield from the same set, pretty sure that came from Tom as well!

      Delete
  2. Why did they have to change the name to "violin". I played the viola for 4 years in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 64 Giant look sweet compared to the one I have. Clean

    ReplyDelete