Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Card Show Finds

I found lots of fun things at last week's card show - including complete sets of 1996 Select Certified, 1996 Leaf Limited, and 1994 Fleer Update (minus the A-Rod rookie). All three had new to me Pucketts inside, and many of the cards will eventually find their way to new homes via trades - it's a win-win! If you know of cards in those three sets that you have been looking for, drop me a line.
the dimeboxes (here they tend to be quarter boxes or sometime 3 for $1 boxes) yielded plenty of PC guys like Jim Thome.
You would be forgiven for thinking I was a Cleveland fan based on some of the stack - it's a coincidence that some of my favorite players all passed through there at one point or another. The mid to late 90s had a lot of talent playing near the shores of Lake Erie, and not so many on the mighty Mississip...
See? Twins fan. Told ya so.
No vintage at this show, but I was able to find several old timers on new cardboard. Stadium Club again comes through with another great Clemente shot.

4 comments:

  1. was this the valley west show? i kept an eye out for you on saturday, but didn't see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the tiny one in Mounds View on Saturday the 17th. Haven't been able to make it to Valley West since April or May, going to try harder next month!

      Delete
  2. nice grabs. went to the PO today but pulled yours back as I need to confirm your address, email me thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice grabs. went to the PO today but pulled yours back as I need to confirm your address, email me thanks.

    ReplyDelete