Friday, September 18, 2015

Still Reaching for that Kennys Vargas Topps Rainbow - Chrome Edition

Oh, Kennys.
Poor fella, stuck on a roster with Miguel Sano. If Trevor Plouffe gets traded this offseason, you may be back in business, but for now you're stuck pinch hitting late in games and spending the rest of the day at the end of the bench. Hard to mash taters from there.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a jump on all of his parallel cards in 2015 Topps. Just have a few left to go! Let's take a look at Topps Chrome today:
Sorry for the poor photography I had poor lighting options and not a lot of time to put these together...
First is the Topps Chrome base card, then the refractor, and at the bottom the "prism" refractor.

 Blue, Pink, and Sepia parallels...

And the insert - Chrome Commencements, which features several new guys that were in their second season.

So, I'm still looking for Purple, Gold /50, Orange /25,  Red /5,  and the 1/1 Superfractor, which if I ever find I will not be able to afford... If you see Kennys in any of those parallel versions, let me know!

I am still looking for the Series One Topps Clear Acetate /10 as well. The person that finds this card is going to get some really cool stuff from me, yes indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I've kept my eye out for that acetate card, but have been striking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be a minor miracle at this point, there are in theory only 7 left floating around in cases of Series One, three sold before I even started going for this rainbow, but I'm confident one will pop up eventually.

      I really hope the Red Chrome falls into my hands, too. I'm not sure I'll be able to win that one in an auction, there are some stalwart Vargas fans out there willing to bid pretty high.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely on he lookout for all of those for you. Nice start to the chrome rainbow!

    ReplyDelete