Monday, September 7, 2015

My Twins Frankenset: Page 10

I've seen a few FrankenSets out there - for example John has a Braves set and a Uniform Number Set, Tom has a Cubs set, Nick has the Dime Box FrankenSet, Robert has a serial numbered card set, Night Owl has a night card set. Jeff's got a White Sox FrankenSet. I'm sure there are many others. Tell me about yours in the comments!

I decided this would be a good way to at least start organizing my Twins cards.

My own "rules" for the set are pretty simple -
1. Each card should be a Twins player in a Twins uniform (and exclude multi-team cards)
2. If at all possible, each page should have 9 unique players and 9 unique sets
3. Have Fun (Mandatory)

Here's Page 10:

And the backs:

82 - Justin Morneau 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions
83 - Joe Mauer 2012 Topps (1987 mini)
84 - Jack Morris 1992 O-Pee-Chee Premier
85 - Scott Erickson 1994 Fleer Ultra
86 - Shannon Stewart 2007 Topps
87 - Kevin Tapani 1990 Upper Deck
88 - Carl Pavano 2011 Topps
89 - Chili Davis 1992 Fleer Ultra
90 - Tony Oliva 2002 Fleer Greats

This page is pitcher heavy; I've been favoring position players a bit, so I tried to make an effort to include some more arms. I think Jack Morris in the night game is my favorite of this page, though the mini Mauer is a close second.

UH OH - I don't have any more pages scanned from the Frankenset, and I think I'm coming up on some gaps. I have a week to get the next page up, should have no problem with that.

Happy Labor Day! In honor of the holiday, I leave you with this image of non-Twin Curt Flood:

1 comment: