Monday, January 16, 2017

Variety is the Spice of Card Show Day

Another new year, and another Card Show - I sort of wandered aimlessly from table to table this time, as you'll see there was a little bit of everything.
Fancypants gold leaf serial numbered card ...
An insert set of 21st Century Topps - not shown is Alex Gonzalez, but there's 9 of 10.
See what I mean about all over the place? I generally stick to baseball, but these were the right price.
I think I am going to start a mini collection of Stanley Cup cards.
Of course there were lots of Twins to add to my collection.
I found 4 1969 Deckle Edge inserts, just a few more to go!
I added 7 more to the 1956 Topps Set as well, we're in the home stretch! TwinsFest is in a couple weeks, hopefully I'll be able to find a little more of everything again.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet Toews! That wouldn't be a bad mini-collection to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it will give me a reason to look at more hockey than I have been. The Stanley Cup has always been cool to me.

      Delete
  2. Nice finish. I see you saved the best for last. Congratulations on being in the home stretch of that 56 set. It's my favorite set of all-time. Sadly... I won't be adding that one to my collection anytime soon... unless I win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commons are generally pretty reasonable in the single digits, I've been able to get really far without spending more than $60 on any individual card. Koufax and Mantle are going to break that record pretty hard when it comes down to it, but I'll cross that road when I come to it.

      Delete
  3. Love the action on the Barry Sanders and Randy Moss cards - I would think Sanders is often pictured running with the football as opposed to catching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the reason I picked them up - they were in a stack of football cards that all looked the same. Running backs running, quarterbacks about to throw, wide receivers standing on the line of scrimmage.... Snooze

      Delete
  4. I'm a Blackhawks fan and one of my "things I collect" is any Hawks card that has the Stanley Cup on it. Very nice pickup!

    -kin
    ifeellikeacollectoragain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stanley Cup is definitely my favorite championship trophy, especially the tradition of the players getting to keep it for a day - usually you don't see much interaction after the game in the other sports.

      Delete