Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Transatlantic Triple Break Joins the Club


Stadium Club has been out for some time now, I picked up a hobby box to share as my contribution to the Transatlantic Triple Break with Kevin of The Card Papoy and Matthew of Bob Walk the Plank.


Each of us get 2 divisions. We each chose our home town team divisions this time, so I had these parallels from the AL Central, Fulmer on the left is a holofoil card numbered to just 25 copies.


I also picked the NL West, which afforded me this sweet Trevor Story insert.


Just a pair of Twins in the box, Buxton and Sano. The biggest name rookie pulled was Eloy Jimenez. We were robbed of a Vlad Jr card! Sorry Kevin.


Before I forget, here are the backs. The sooner I forget Buxton's 2018 season, the better. Yikes! He's doing much much better this year.


Stadium Club went hard after horizontal shots this year. Maybe it was just the luck of the draw, but they appeared to be more than half of the base cards. At that point, I think they could have just gone all in with the horizontal shots. Happy to a new bat rack card with Justin Turner!


I didn't pull this one from the box - both autographs and the box topper will be going out in the mail, just the way I prefer it on the breaks. But I saw that La Tortuga was on the auto checklist, so I made a special addition off of eBay of this card, and since the autos I pulled are going elsewhere, I figured I would share this one now.

Overall, the base cards still bring home the bacon, and like years past I feel like the parallels / inserts are unnecessary - I'd rather have more variety of base card images, as they are the best part of the set! Have you picked up any Stadium Club yet this year? What are some of your favorite cards in the checklist?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't picked up any Stadium Club up yet, but it's always one of my favorites. The photo selection is simply the best. For example, not one of the cards you showed used the standard pitcher or batter shot. There are a couple of pitching cards, but the angle of the photo isn't your typical shot from the 3rd base camera well. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made three 2019 SC purchases so far. The first one was a SC Chrome refractor of Tatis Jr. Next came two base rookie cards of Tatis. And the third and most recent purchase was a complete set. Not sure if I'll pursue anymore outside of cheap Tatis rookie cards when I can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen so much of this set posted around the blogs, and opened a handful of packs myself, but hadn't run across that Christy Mathewson card you led with yet. That one's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to pin down a select group of favorites from 2019 SC because there's just so many good ones. But of the cards you showed the Reese and Dereck Rodriguez are probably the two best.

    ReplyDelete